Sunday, August 29, 2010

Off-Topic: Raging in TRADS

So, this really has nothing to do with anything, and I should be doing english homework right now, but I just had to rant about this.

Why is it, that when given an assignment to answer a question that really only takes minimal brain power, people just spit out utter crap? Seriously, a simple question, an opinion question, and all you get is badly written regurgitation? Is it so hard to sit down and spend 15 minutes writing a well composed, thoughtful response instead of taking 30 to post whatever comes into their feeble minds?

Take for example this rage-inducing bit: "A civilization's culture is a understanding of a social wellbeing, a harmonic balance among the people. China's culture is vast and full of heritage. However, with their communism governing, many of china's cultural understandings are being for-shortened. For example, the social issue of tibet in china. This should be seen as a backlash at china's own heritage and cultural/religious views. Also the vast differences in the territory and climate seem uneven."
With a little work and proofreading, this could have been a well formulated argument (if still offensive and irrelevant). Instead it is mere offensive dribble.

And it doesn't make me feel any better to know that I have to respond to this kind of crap. You non-existent readers have no idea how tempting it is to post only that they are offensive, vapid, and have no idea what they are talking about. Because that wasn't all of it. That was the part that made the most sense. Ugh.


And another thing, since when is it okay to blatantly plagiarize another classmates words? They didn't even try to hide it. It was so obvious. And that made me more angry than the fact that they copied, word for word, part of what I wrote. I have never before been copied when I did not allow it. Seriously. These people make me rage.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks, though your phrase "these people make me rage" just reminds me of pokemon, and I mentally picture you with a fist with eyes on fire. It's very hilarious and awesome. But to more serious things, yeah plagiarism is not awesome, nor is lazy offensive passages. To copy word for word is just awful in NO attempt to change it, it too makes me rage. It's late= excuse for choppy passage

    ReplyDelete
  2. rage. wow. that..uh...utter crap you quoted...really? could that have been any more...uhm...badly put? (all offensiveness aside...it was just poorly written and...pretty nonsensical). and plagiarism. not. cool. you have my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete