Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Coffee Prince: 15th, 16th, and 17th


I suppose that if you're reading this you'd like to know about the end of Coffee Prince. Well...I suppose I can tell you.

It was honestly on of the most anti-climatic, disappointing endings I've ever seen. Three hours of nothing but fluff. There was some fake-out drama of Eun Chan going to coffee school in Italy, but it really only lead to a montage of everyone missing her. You'd expect that there'd be a big wedding scene at the end right? Wrong. Nothing. She just comes back. That's it. End of story. I was highly upset. I was ready for a blow-out not a flop. Granted, I haven't seen the after-series special (since everyone has taken it down), but the end of the series proper did not give me the sense of satisfaction and closure that I have come to expect from drama endings.

Don't get me wrong, the fluff was cute and all but after Han Kyul and Eun Chan made up it was like the plot jumped off a cliff. There was no tension, no nothing.

I wouldn't say it was bad, per se, just boring. Overall score of the series, 5. Score for the ending, 1, but only because it was cute.

1 comment: